Welcome to Novus Environmental
This notice explains how we collect, use, and protect information about you, who we may share it with, and the rights that you have. This notice covers most of the ways in which you will interact with us, through our websites, our social media pages and any communication you have with us. It may be updated from time to time, so please check back regularly.
If we need to use your personal data in different ways, or for reasons not covered by this notice, we will let you know. We will also update this notice from time to time, so please check back regularly.
1. Who we are
Novus Envnronmental is a trading name of Vetspeed Limited who are registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK with reference number Z5812791. This means that we decide how and why we are using your data, and are responsible for looking after it.
Our registered business address
The Chocolate Factory
Our business trading address
A505 Main Road
Vetspeed Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of IVC Evidensia Group. Vetspeed Limited also trading as Novus Environmental (Waste Disposal Services), including CPC (Cremation Services) and Understanding Pet Loss.
Personal data processed by any company within the group will also be made available to other Group companies where we need to – for example, to provide or support our services to you, where we are under a legal obligation, or if you have given us your consent
Data Protection Officer
IVC Evidensia Group has appointed a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this notice, please contact them:
- By post – FAO: Data Protection Officer, The Chocolate Factory, Keynsham, Bristol, BS31 2AU
- By email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where you use our websites and click on external links, or visit our social media pages, your personal data may also be processed by the providers of those services – for example Meta companies, LinkedIn or Facebook. Those sites will collect further information about you for their own purposes, separately from IVC Group.
Where we also use the data they collect, IVC Group might also be jointly responsible with the other company for determining how and why your personal data is used, and making sure that it is protected.
2. What do we collect, how and why?
Most of the personal data we collect is directly from you, as you use or request services from us, or get in touch. Technical information will be generated where you use our website, apps, or other online services.
Data that we collect may include:
- Contact details such as your name and address, including email and social media account information if you contact us that way, and location information where we are referring you to local services;
- Information about services you have used or requested, customer service information such as compliments or complaints, opinions and survey responses, contact preferences, and information which our employees might record as they provide services to you or your animals. This may also include recording calls you make to some of our services;
- Financial information, including payments made, account and credit status;
- Information about how you use our websites and online services including social media pages, including technical identifiers such as cookies;
We will collect this data so that:
- We can provide the services you are using or have requested, and manage payment for them as part of our contract with you;
- We can improve our services to you and other customers, including gathering feedback from you via surveys, as part of our legitimate business interests;
- We can manage our online and other services effectively and securely, as part of our legitimate business interests and legal obligations to you;
- We can meet regulatory obligations, to prevent or detect crime, or in the public interest, including protection of animal welfare;
- With your consent, so that we can provide you information about products and services that may be of interest.
If you do not want us to use some of your personal data, we may not be able to provide services to you – for example payment data or contact details.
We do not normally collect or use ‘special category’ data, such as religion, sexuality, or health data.
3. Who we share your personal data with
As well as using service providers to support our business, we might share information with other separate organisations who are also Controllers. This may include:
- Insurance and other professional and legal advisors
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Law enforcement, fraud prevention agencies and other public authorities
- Companies approved by you (such as social media sites)
- Other veterinary specialists, laboratories and animal health providers and agencies, where the personal data cannot be anonymised or is otherwise necessary
Where any part of our business is outsourced, sold, or merged, and where permitted by law, we will share your data with the new provider so that services can continue to be provided to you. They may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this policy. We will of course inform you of any such change and give you an opportunity to opt out of your data being shared with a new provider.
4. International Transfers
IVC Evidensia is a multinational company, and some of our business processes may take place outside of your own country. We ensure that your data continues to be protected to the same standards by:
- Ensuring that the country has been agreed by data protection regulators to provide an adequate level of protection;
- Making sure that regulator-approved contracts are in place to protect your data and rights.
IVC Evidensia in Europe and the United Kingdom (UK) currently uses service providers in the following countries/regions:
- The United Kingdom (UK)
- The European Union (EU) /European Economic Area (EEA)
- The United States of America (USA)
5. Keeping your personal data secure
We have security and other measures in place to help protect your data and limit how it can be accessed or used, and to identify and handle suspected breaches of personal data and other security threats
We limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and service providers who have a need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality and other contractual terms to protect your data.
6. Data retention
We will retain your data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax or reporting requirements.
7. Being in control of your own information
Under the UK and EU data protection law you have some important rights available to you. In summary, these include:
- Request information about how we are using your data
- Request a copy of your personal data
- Request that we correct any personal data that is inaccurate
- Request that we do not make any automated decisions based on your data (do not worry, we do not)
- Request that we delete your data
- Where you have been asked for and given us your consent, withdraw that consent
- Request that we stop processing all or part of your data
- Request that we transfer elements of your personal data to another service provider
Some of these rights may be limited in some circumstances, or subject to exemptions. If you want to exercise your rights, or to make a complaint, please complete a Rights request form or contact us at email@example.com.
If we cannot resolve a complaint as you would wish, you may also make a complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via their website.